The award-winning School of Hospitality, Tourism and Events successfully organized its Inaugural Industry Webinar Series 1.0: “Sustenance in the Post Covid-19 Era for the Hospitality Industry” on Tuesday, 12th May 2020. The session was affably moderated by Mr. Brian Verghese and seven panelists who spoke on various aspects of the industry were:-
(1) Mr. Halim Merican, Acting President, Malaysian Association of Hotels (MAH) on "Hotel Issues"
(2) Mr. Hanley Chew, Former Hotelier & Author of Hotel Tales on "Hotel Issues"
(3) Mr. Kenneth Foong, Vice President, Exhibition, Malaysian Association of Convention and Exhibition Organizers and Suppliers (MACEOS) on "Challenges faced by MICE Sector"
(4) Professor Mohd Said Bani, Founder & Owner, bzBee Consult Sdn Bhd on "Communications during a Crisis"
(5) Ms. Lim Hooi Shan, Clinical Psychologist & Senior Lecturer, Taylor’s University on "Psychological Impact on Consumers"
(6) Dr. Shantini Thuraiselvam, Program Director, Taylor’s University on "Revenue Management Perspectives"
(7) Ms. Puteri Sofia, Senior Lecturer, Taylor’s University on "Legal Issues Affecting Employees".
The webinar session was well-attended by industry participants, academics, and students.